With this amazing feature in SharePoint Online available on List or Document Library, you can filter one list based on a selection made in another list.
In the following example, the “Permits” document library is filtered by a selection in the “Stores” list. When you select an item on the document library it reflects the value on the column in the list.
- Create an a list called “Stores” (or decided the best title for your environment)
- Create an a document library called “Permits” (you are the master, you can call as you wish!!) and create a Lookup column related to the “Stores” list
- Create a Site Page to add the previous content and configure the feature called “Dynamic List Filtering“
- On the page that you created, add a section layout and select the “Two columns“
- Add the document library web part to add the library that previously created
- Then, add the last one list web part in the other section layout
- Select the document library web part and edit
- In the settings of the web part, enable the Dynamic filtering
- In this options select the columns to filter the library then select the column containing the filter value
- Try to play with the different values on your Site page, and the magic is applied…. enjoy!!